Monday, December 18, 2006

Nicola's Dress

Nicola is 10 and lives in Scotland. Her mum contacted me and asked if I could do the new wrap dresses. I said I could.... then panicked, I'd never done one before eeek! Nicola wanted lilaccy/purple with pink and white soI did some sketches and this is the one decided upon

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

She also wanted stripes on the dress and I decided to do the ruffle in a stripe, but, I couldn't find a striped fabric to go with the main facric, which is a beautiful pure silk tie dye sari fabric with flowers made up from purple sequins so plumped for pink and white gingham which went with it perfectly.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^front

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
^Nicola being fitted

Turned out fine for a first attempt I think

No comments:

Rhiannon's 2006 Dress

Rhiannon's 2006 Dress
In Derry

back of her dress